1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APSE judging thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Marvin, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

I wish I could be there, so I'll do the next best thing and start the thread. I look forward to hearing some of the details ...

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

How about... tidbits learned from APSE's web site:
    -----
    IN NEED OF SOME EDITING:
    • Meet new judge Andy Johnston (2/22),
    but his byline says Andy Johnson in the article he wrote.
    ----
    SHOUTOUT TO SportsJournalists.com: Geoff Grammer: ...I think a message board might be nice, although I think it would be difficult to compete with a site like SportsJournalists.com. Maybe that site already serves the message board function.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) Andy Johnston is good people.

b) Glad to see that APSE isn't wasting its time trying to draw everybody to another industry message board when this one already suffices. You can't force grass-roots popularity. ... Go to the people, don't make the people go to you.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that an editor has a last name of Grammer.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Like the army guy whose last name was Major and his rank was Sergeant.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd promote him to Major. Less confusing.

7. Like guys who are college professors named "Dean"?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Grammer is better because it's spelled wrong so it has that whole ironic thing going for it.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

"They've forgotten that it's supposed to be about the Grammar."

Anyone recognize the line?

10. The National Grammar Rodeo, in Toronto.

11. tenacious_g

tenacious_g Member

This might be the proudest day of my life. I mean the proudest day in the life of whmoever that Grammer guy is. A thread on Sportsjournalist.com with people making fun of my name... wow. I've really made it.

I can tell you this, I get a comment about the name almost weekly if/when there is any error (not just grammatical ones) in the paper.

I am actually not at the Sun-News in Las Cruces anymore. I now work in Tucson (started just this week) and will fly out for the judging tomorrow morning.

Now, back to just being the anonymous poster on here hiding the shameful name.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not shameful. It's cool, g. And there you are stumping for SportsJournalists.com and all.

Draft saved Draft deleted