1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins get No. 2 pick.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

What does the Sacramento Kings guard have to do with this thread?

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Yes it depends on how Griffin turns out, but for this much he better be on the Tom Brady/Peyton Manning level or it's probably too much. If he turns out like Tony Romo, pretty good but no championship level player, is it fair to say the Skins overpaid? (Also it was Robert Edwards and Chris Floyd who were picked from the Martin deal. Katzenmoyer was part of the Parcells deal, not that it matters)

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Truth is there aren't many comparisons regardless of age because this many picks don't change hands very often

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep. As usual, People-Hate-Me-On-Sight Snyder lost this one on the first tee with Stewie Griffin-like "Ohhh, ohhhh, I want it!" overpayment-eagerness, unless Griffin=Unitas.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are correct. Swapped four. Got one back. So gave up three.
    What-the-hell ever, though, It the grand scheme of things, does it make a difference?

Have the Colts said they're definitely going Luck?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not that I've seen, but I'm sure the Redskins would be more than happy to be "stuck with" Luck.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Shanahan will be doing cartwheels if the Colts passed on Luck, which they won't.

Luck has just been a foregone conclusion for so long that some of the excitement was gone. I think it was a similar case when Manning was drafted.

Hey, at least the Redskins aren't gutting their team the way the Colts are. RG3 will have the better rookie season solely based on the Colts might be trying to field the youngest team in the league.

I'm still waiting for Luck to refuse to go to Indy, but I don't think that's going to happen.

8. Mizzougrad96

Not even close.

9. Mizzougrad96

Well, the real bargain lies with having a QB in one of those slotted picks. The Rams are still paying Bradford $50 million guaranteed.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Then the question becomes, who is smarter, The Redskins or the Rams? Why pay Bradford when you can have RGIII for half?

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

But that only offers limited protection if RG3 busts. If he is the real deal then they will have to pay him the market rate.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Or you can pay him market rate even if he sucks, like the Jets just did with Sanchez.

Draft saved Draft deleted