1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yahtzee! I'm in. Just confirmed it's all squared away at work. I'll be turning in the leave form tomorrow. We're trying to pawn the kids off on the grandparents for a Thursday through Sunday trip so Mrs. t_b_f can come, too. Yankee, as soon as we find out about the grandparents -- which'll be too easy -- I'll let you know if Mrs. t_b_f is coming. What do I need to do as far as payment?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The girl at the DoubleTree & I keep missing each other.

I should have the code to make reservations tomorrow. I've let her know that we'll probably have less that the 15 I originally estimated and will have more like 6-10.

We haven't moved on tickets yet. I suppose we should set some sort of deadline for that too so we can go ahead get them.

3. three_bags_full

Now Mrs. t_b_f is asking the question ... "are any other spouses going to this thing?"

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Haven't read the entire thread but just out of curiosity, how many people are confirmed for this outing?

5. three_bags_full

6-10 people? Or, rooms?

6. YankeeFan

About 6 people are ready to book rooms right now. Some will be coming with spouses.

I expect a few more who have expressed interest will attend as well.

And then we have locals like Bob Cook and Swenk who are going to try to meet up with the group.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Still looking for a roommate. Just saying. :D

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You mean you're not rooming with the guy who would assault you?

9. three_bags_full

[​IMG]

This guy will even read you a bedtime story.

10. YankeeFan

Here's the email I just got from the DoubleTree:

This will allow us to make reservations immediately for folks who already know they are coming and I don't need to sign any contract.

Now, how to handle?

I have a .PDF that I can email to anyone, or if there's somewhere that I can upload it to, people could then download it.

You can also PM or email me your info.

If you're uncomfortable sending CC info via email, you can fax me at (312) 277-2905.

I suppose this will require some level of trust. If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, please let me know.

We should also try to get a head count soon so we can get tickets and plan a dinner or two.

11. YankeeFan

A couple of folks have asked why we don't just have a code to make reservations with, well the simple answer is that we don't yet have enough people committed to qualify as a "group".

With my limited computer skills, I pretty proud of my ability to create a twitpic account, save the .PDF as another file type, and upload it to the internet.

You can now download the form here: http://www.twitpic.com/4w9y7s

So, print and fill it out. You can either email (in my profile) or fax (312-277-2905) it back to me and I will send it in.

If that totally makes you uncomfortable, email or PM me and I will give you the contact at the DoubleTree's contact information so you can send it in directly and reference me so they know what "group" you're affiliated with.

12. YankeeFan

And folks, please read the form.

It asks you to include a photocopy of both the front and back of your credit card and a photocopy of your driver's license.

Draft saved Draft deleted