1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This thread made me hungry, and I have no food in the house.

So, I paused the Yankee game and went to grab a slice at Whole Foods.

They had sausage, pepperoni, a veggie, and a vegan available. The vegan looked good, except it was fucking vegan, so I just went with cheese.

But, they had something called "Chinese Takeout". It looked fucking gross -- like someone dumped an order of chicken chow mein over a pizza.

I tried to google it, but can't find a list of the toppings on line.

Takes the cake.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

IMHO, they nailed it for Oklahoma. I love the Big Country from Hideaway. Makes me want to get one tonight.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ragu, if you take it for what it is, I disagree. No one ever said it was the 50 best places in the country to consume pizza, bar none.

I do agree that there are a disproportionate number of places in New York and New Jersey. And the one they had from North Carolina ... curious to see if that stuff would stand up to either Two Guys or Piccola Italia, both located in Raleigh. The former is under new management, but had enough sense not to fix what wasn't broken. The latter I've been to twice, and it was excellent both times.

Have to credit a friend of mine in school who's still in Raleigh. Of course, he's more of a foodie than I [/crossthread].

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Boooooooooo Joe Momma's is the best! [/hasfriendthatworksatthemaxwhoisownedbyjms]

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://gawker.com/5917911/pizza-vending-machine-poised-for-us-launch#13395994590534&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":420}

Pizza from a vending machine. Oy.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Best pizza I ever had, in my hometown. Would try to get one weekly when I was a teen.

Baby shrimp. Cheese was a mozzarella/sharp cheddar blend, and loads of it. Nothing else, in a perfect pan crust.

The shrimp literally swam on the pizza. Loved it.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So the shrimp were still alive?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Afraid they cut their little heads off first.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

As a kid we sometimes would have frozen pizza, couple different brands. My first full-time newspaper job, the shithole of a newspaper office was across the street from the shithole of the one brand's pizza factory. There are many reasons why I don't eat frozen pizza anymore, but my aversion began then. Hmmm, is that sausage or rodent droppings?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Chicago: America's Best City for Pizza:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-best-cities-for-pizza/2

Is your city on the list?

** 22 Page slide show **

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's a bogus list. Trenton maybe a shithole of shitholes, but Trenton knows how to make pizza.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This topic is worthy of its own thread and doesn't make sense in this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted