1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yep. Due process is only for playoff teams.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It seems like the due process talk is a smoke screen. Niners either told McDonald to keep his nose clean after the DV allegations under threat of expulsion or they know something that points to the likelihood he'll be charged.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

Very interesting note that the alleged victim is not McDonald's fiancee.

Even in the best-case scenario, that wasn't going to work out well for the 49ers. Too bad they couldn't get their payroll cops on the scene in time.

Eagerly awaiting oop's defense of the 49ers for cutting him despite his due-process rights.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is that sort of like "Coffee is for closers?"

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, LTL proves that he doesn't even understand the arguments he attacks.

I stated very clearly on multiple occasions that I had no problem with a team taking action without waiting on the legal system. Where we differ is that I also believe it is legitimate to wait on the legal system. For example, did you see me criticizing the Vikings for taking action on Peterson before that case played out? No. You did not.

Your assertion regarding the 49ers' motivation this week is also typical in that you can't support it. Perhaps the difference is that the 49ers are out of the playoffs. Or perhaps it is because this is an additional incident and the team has had enough. Either is every bit as viable of a possibility, but you will try to sell the former as fact because it fits the narrative you have been trying (and failing) to sell.

8. LongTimeListener

Kinda weak. I think your heart isn't in this one.

However, as a matter of fact you did say the Vikings shouldn't do anything about Peterson, until you decided what he was accused of was really bad.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He also criticized the LA Kings for suspending Voyonov with pay before he had due process.

As it turns out, the details of the Voyonov case are disgusting.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is something wrong if Idzik is not gone. He's set The Jet's back 5 years. He drafted a QB who succeed in The NFL and in
    a strong draft year for WR's ended up with none.

The only good thing that he has done is put The Jets in good cap situation for next year - should be at 35 - 40 mil. If
    I were Woody though I would not want Idzik buying the groceries. Maybe he gets pushed aside to just handling the
    financial like he did in Seattle.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Edit: I looked it up. I did what I always do when news broke about Peterson. I asked for proof before assuming guilt. The proof came very quickly. I changed my thinking when there was actual evidence to go on, and even then I prefaced it by saying "if this story is correct." Thank you for once again proving my point that you don't even bother to understand posts you attack.

There is a difference between saying they should wait and saying they have a right to wait and you have proven time and again that you don't understand that distinction.

Of course, you are trying to turn the argument because you know I'm right about McDonald. I always said teams have a right to act immediately or wait for the process to play out. You incorrectly suggested otherwise and now you refuse to acknowledge your mistake.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  12. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Any thoughts on whether or not the Monday Night Football matchup will be any good this time? With the Broncos and Bengals both playing for certain playoff positions (Broncos looking for first round bye, Bengals looking to get closer to a playoff spot), one would think it could be a good game.

Draft saved Draft deleted