1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wow.....
    Well, clearly a good thing the Bengals didn't go for that. Who suggested that? Dumbass....

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's that. Patriots will win both playoff games by 24 points at a minimum. Depending on the refs, also the Super Bowl.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Patriots can't beat the Seahawks team we saw yesterday. Brady would look just like Manning did last year. Patriots-Cowboys would be a fun game, though.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup. It's exactly why he got a step ahead in the first three steps of the play.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well there's you have it, Pats will lose first playoff game.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Interesting that the thing that made the Packers-Lions game less attractive for NBC next Sunday night -- both teams had clinched a playoff spot -- is now true of both the Steelers and Bengals. The only real "winner-take-all" game is the Panthers-Falcons.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but that wasn't the case when they made the call. At least both teams have something at stake. The Steelers can get a home game and the Bengals can get a bye.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Bengals can't get a bye unless the Raiders win in Denver. In all likelihood they're playing for who's at home and who's on the road in the first round. Very little impact.

However, I am in favor of Steelers-Bengals on Sunday night so the NFL thread won't be polluted in the afternoon.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I saw a Peter King report where they more or less did it because there was a chance that it could be win or go home for Cincy plus they've taken the game from Fox the past four or five years so they wanted an AFC game if they had it.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pregame Steelers talk! Hours and hours of it! My own SJ.com version of tailgating and you just gave me the idea for it. Thank you, LTL.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'd spend four hours cleaning my gutters before I watched a SB where I know Jerry Jones is going to pop up on my screen every three minutes.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No dog in the fight whatsoever, but if you're going to call that, then that crew had better call everything. You had better get every hold, every PI, every illegal contact downfield, every damn thing. Do not pass on a single call. Gruden was right. "That's horrible."

Draft saved Draft deleted