1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. ryanb

ryanb Member

I get that there is plenty of hatred for the Steelers around here, though I'm a bit surprised that it is so easy to pick a side with the Ravens as the opponent. They are not exactly a beloved franchise, either.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Speaking of which ... now is the best time to recall how the Steelers' most recent playoff game ended. God is not a fan.

3. ryanb

ryanb Member

We don't need reminders of just how bad Ike Taylor can be. He provided plenty of those when he was healthy enough to be on the field this season as well, thank you very much.

4. Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder and the Jets front office are laughing their ass off at the clowns in Chicago.

WARNING TO BEARS FANS: Do Not read this.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/bears-make-sweeping-changes-halas-hall-fire-gm-phil-emery

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Excellent.

I also came upon a book excerpt in which Ditka once ranted at Lisch after an interception. McMahon and Fuller usually just ignored him, but Lisch took it personally, and told Ditka he couldn't go back in the game because Ditka bitched him out. Ditka told him he was just kidding.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sure that wasn't Avellini? I recall reading stories along those same lines about how Avellini was unable to cope with Ditka's rants. Aww, hell, it could've been nearly any of em, "Ditka vs. his quarterbacks" was a running storyline throughout that decade, much like Ditka vs. Buddy Ryan, McMahon vs. McCaskey, and various other in house feuds.

Most dysfunctional NFL team ever to be awesome.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I didn't think Suh had a leg to stand on.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Now that he's reinstated, he does - Romo's.

Songbird likes this.
  11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

As much as everyone's joking about the Steelers, as a Pats fan I think they're the biggest challenge in the AFC, provided Bell can play. I'll be rooting for them this weekend, mainly because I'm terrified of Baltimore just based on history alone.
    But I can definitely see Pittsburgh beating the Ravens and then taking down Manning and the Broncos.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm sure the networks had nothing to do with the Suh ruling. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted