1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The most overrated player in the NFL strikes again.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Arizona is winning with more smoke and mirrors than the MGM Grand Hotel in 1980.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I've never seen a QB who does as much celebrating, dancing and preening as he does be so mediocre when it comes to final results.

He's 30-31-1 as an NFL starter.

4. Mr. Sunshine

If you can't complete 60 percent of your passes in today's NFL, you're not a legitimate starter.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Each time Newton takes that long, slow delivery on that 10-yard sideline throw, it's a pick-six waiting to happen.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His team is, not him.

outofplace likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

lol, if Newtons not a legitimate starter how many teams have " legitimate" starters?

You can with with Newton.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is embarrassing for Arizona; there wasn't a QB the team could have signed who wasn't completely inept?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Newton

10. Mr. Sunshine

I don't think you can with with him.

On the other side, I hope Lindley has a good degree, because his career ended today.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've never seen such awful QB play as Lindley. He has to be the least talented man currently receiving money to play quarterback. CFL and SEC included.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Someone on Twitter made a snarky comment earlier about how the Panthers could use someone like Steve Smith. The tweet ignored the fact that Smith was terrible last year. This year, however, he had a hell of a year, especially for a guy in his mid-30s. The difference? This year he had a quarterback with NFL throwing skills.

Newton was 29th in completion percentage this year at 58.5. Worse than Geno Smith and Blake Bortles. You can't succeed over the long haul in the NFL when you struggle to complete passes. Especially in this era, when the entire game is designed to make that very thing easy for quarterbacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted