1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You can't stop Owen Daniels. You can only hope to contain him.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers are really helping the Ravens out with stupid penalties, but Baltimore is also dominating this game up front. This looks a lot like the first meeting of these two teams, when the Ravens pulled away in the second half.

3. outofplace

Just the fact that Dri Archer is getting playing time alone is proof that the absence of Bell is hurting the Pittsburgh offense. He is just awful.

Yes, the Ravens are dominating up front, but it's a lot easier to do when you don't have to worry about the run. Even with a few decent gains early, Baltimore has no reason to do anything but play the pass.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Some honest analysis from Hines Ward: "Just abandon the run."

5. outofplace

Flacco just throwing balls up for grabs against the crappy Pittsburgh corners. The Ravens are looking like they are about to put this away.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Not about to. It's over.

7. outofplace

Sunshine, I'd been trying to post that for a bit. The site is acting funky, at least for me, tonight.

Gutsy or stupid, but Tomlin had the Steelers go for it on 4th-and-1 and they got it. Huge play by fulback Will Johnson, who had two carries the entire regular season. The Steelers waste it by blocking nobody on the next third down. This is over.

The Ravens just dominated up front from the start. They did a great job taking Brown away and with Bell out, that was more than enough to shut down the Steelers.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ravens are in complete control of this. And another Steelers debacle at home in the playoffs. Has happened a lot over the years. And if I'm Gee, I'm not thrilled to be seeing the Ravens come into Foxborough next week.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Indy is pretty middle of the road defensively, so I'm not sure it's fair to say they "can't play defense." This isn't the Indy of Manning's years, when they were regularly ranked 23rd or worse in yards and points against. They're ranked 11th in yards and 14th in points against this season. That's not so bad when you're ranked third in yards and sixth in points.

The real issue for the Colts is how mediocre the offense has been since November. If the offense can't get back on track, the defense isn't going to matter.

10. bigpern23

As everyone knew, losing Bell just hurt the Steelers too much. I thought Roethlisberger and Brown (and Bryant) might have been able to compensate, but the Ravens have had a great game plan. I'd be stunned to see the Steelers come back.

11. bigpern23

Of course, just as I post that, Forsett fumbles. Nonetheless, I think this one is still as good as over.

12. Mr. Sunshine

This is what I get for wanting the Steelers to win.

Draft saved Draft deleted