1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Be interested to hear from Doc Talk about how quickly you can competently administer a concussion test.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And we're done. Ravens to Foxborough.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OK, now that just pissed me off. Damned holding call cost me the over.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Annnnnnd, as I typed that, the blocked kick safety just got me the over. Woo hoo!!!!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fitting end to an ugly performance by the Steelers.

The offense will rightly be criticized, but the defense was awful aside from the one fumble.

6. MileHigh

Lots of cheering in Vegas. And groans.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Did Al Michaels make any veiled references after the safety? (I was out at the time).

Any... "this game isn't entirely over now but it may be for some."?

I LOVE those.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Cheers here, for sure ... Huge profit on the over in the last week.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Aside from the ugly result, I am very concerned by how quickly the Steelers put Roethlisberger and Miller back into the game. Both seemed to be showing signs of concussions, especially Miller. Both made ugly mistakes after returning, but the larger issue is whether or not the Steelers took a safe enough approach with them. I don't think either should have returned to that game. Maybe the medical folks did their jobs correctly, but it sure seemed odd.

10. MileHigh

Didn't notice anything unusual from Uncle Al, but he's quick to jump all over that stuff.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Me and a buddy watching the game thought the same thing. After he threw the pick, they had plenty of shots of Roethlisberger on the sideline and he looked fine, but obviously that's not the determining factor here. Michaels and Collinsworth kept mentioning that "maybe he was groggy" without flat out coming out and saying that maybe he had gotten concussed and shouldn't be out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted