1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

A coverage scheme that has an LB trying to keep up with Hilton = terrible idea.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Fumble/FG big for the Bengals. Don't want to let this one get so far from them that Dalton needs to pass.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Marvin Lewis, good coach. 12 years with 1 team only 3 losing seasons.
    Marvin Lewis, bad coach. 12 years with 1 team, no division titles and no playoff wins.

Mike Brown, best boss?
    Mike Brown, dumb bastard?

Schottenheimer was run out of 3 jobs being more successful than Lewis.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think Lewis is as good as Schottenheimer, but he probably has the same issue - He can get a team to .500 or slightly better, but no better than that. If you're the Bengals, and basically were just shoveling shit between the Super Bowl team and his hiring, I can see why he's lasted a dozen years there.

5. Lewis is like a decent starting QB. Not a lot of hope in getting better, but they can do a hell of a lot worse.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

First team to make the playoffs four years in a row and lose their opener every time.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Won the division in 2013.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How many people are going to blame Romo for the running-into-the-kicker penalty that led to a 99.5-yard touchdown drive?

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Dallas defense being exposed for what it is -- just a bunch of guys. It's been successful this season because the offense has controlled the ball and kept the D off the field. When the defense has to play for extended periods, its many flaws (most notably, its poor pass coverage) become very apparent.

10. heyabbott

Yes. My error. Lost at home to SD.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

Romo is getting his ass kicked badly. Pretty sure I know who's winning that hyped matchup between the Dallas OL and the Detroit DL.

12. heyabbott

Detroit hasn't won a playoff game since 1991? I didn't realize Tony Romo has been around that long

Draft saved Draft deleted