1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is incredible how many times the defensive players make zero attempt to wrap, and just go for the kill shot.
    This isn't a "back in the day" post. I really don't care one way or another. But the kill shot method of defense has been the preferred defense for both defenses of Dallas and Detroit.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How in the hell was that not a textbook PI call? The contact itself might have been borderline, but the fact he never even turned to look for the ball makes it a call my grandmother could've made. And then to pick it up 30 seconds later? WTF? Did Dean Blandino make a frantic call from the Jerry Jones party bus telling them what to do there?

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Dallas is going to win, and it's bullshit.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's pass interference from pros to pee-wees. He didn't play the ball and there was contact. Right to throw it and why after the announcement it was picked up was incredible.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One effect of the whole Rice fiasco. It's on the record the league is a group of amoral liars who have no interest but the profit motive. So bad calls, and none could be worse, bring the fix smell out more distinctly. I used to think an NFL fix was a joke. Now, I'm willing to believe the league would fix the Super Bowl for a nickel.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Time for Tony Romo to be Tony Romo.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Pass interference calls are starting to decide games too much or become too pivotal.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is a hot take from like 2000. :D Not that I disagree, but with the increasing player safety rules and more teams relying on spreading teams out and passing, I don't think the NFL will ever really return to a non-passing dominated league.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The problem is a zebra-dominated league, not a passing-dominated league. We're talking here about an obvious foul revoked for no reason anyone could imagine except either rank incompetence or pure corruption.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

PI or not, still doesn't change the fact that Detroit went "chicken" on 4th and 1 against a below-average Dallas defense.

They deserve to lose for not having the required amount of balls.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've never taken the idea of the league fixing a game seriously and I still don't. Not because I think the owners and NFL office wouldn't do it for moral reasons. I just don't see how it makes sense when you do look at the bottom line. They risk the public thinking everything is fixed, which could be devastating to public interest in the game, for what? A bigger market stays alive longer? That just doesn't make sense. If there was a big enough benefit to it, there is enough lack of integrity involved to do it. I just don't see the benefit being close to worth the risk.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nothing about any of the four NFL games this weekend made me think about the high quality of the games. Average play, incessant whitle blowing and overblown announcers.

Draft saved Draft deleted