1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tony, it's great to see you be the contrarian, and since it is you I thought about your point extra hard, but still I don't see it. Once the announcement is made, either there's a challenge or that's it.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A fine list, but it's missing one thing: the 10-yard punt.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He did show up the official, but that's a reasonable judgement call to let it go.

Picking up that pass interference flag was not a reasonable judgement at all. I have no dog at all in this hunt. If anything, I wanted the Lions to lose because I don't think Suh's suspension should have been upheld. That said, there was absolutely enough contact for interference.

Also, the receiver did reach back for the ball. He couldn't change his momentum, but he did try to reach back, and the contact with his arm hampered his ability to do so.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Looks like a circle jerk is about to begin.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I take no issue with those complaining about the administration of the call/no-call. That was brutal and ridiculous. I'm still very interested in the explanation of that.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

if anyone had the right to scream "we shocked the world!" It was Romo.

Close games don't mean good games

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yes, and the 10-yard punt.

A list of errors and blown opportunities by the Lions.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, we all know the Lions suck and were looking for a place to fall down and lose. That's part of the issue. The zebras worked Lions games all year long. So did they think,. now's when we stick in the dagger?.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

From Pete Morelli, who was on the shortlist to work Feb. 1.

[​IMG]

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Interesting that Morelli says the official with the best angle on the play was the head linesman, who was stationed at the 46 (the snap) and the foul occurred at the 30. Back judge usually, in this case would have been about the 18 or so (can't see when the play starts, but in general, 20-23 yards deep). Even the former head of NFL officiating at stunned by this.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If the Lions play their cards right, Caldwell and Stafford could be headed for a Lewis-Dalton-type run.

Draft saved Draft deleted