1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

National Weather Service's forecast for Sunday is mostly sunny, high of 15.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The colder the better.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is Dean Blandino speaking directly to the officials after that PI flag gets picked up?

The same Dean Blandino who spent part of the summer on the Cowboys' party bus in Hollywood?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No it's the bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings that speaks directly to the refs.

Hokie_pokie and Vombatus like this.
  5. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, he's saying, "Good job, the league was sweating those NFC matchups without Dallas." :D

I don't have a big issue with PI not being called. I just hate when the flag is picked up that late.

No, I do not think it's a conspiracy.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It wasn't that the PI wasn't called. It was called, then announced, then completely reversed.

That is pretty much unprecedented.

8. RecoveringJournalist

They mentioned that this was the first time that crew had worked together this season. Why would the league do that? Just stupid...

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

While I understand the uproar over the call/non-call itself, the continuing emphasis on the mechanics is silly. This was a crew of officials who don't regularly work together. I have to believe there'd be some communications kinks.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Forecast for Foxboro is for temperatures around 20 but dry for Saturday night.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they have a long history of success. The Browns haven't won anything in 50 years and lost their franchise at one point.

And for a franchise that likes to call itself "America's Team"', the owner sure was acting like the owner of a Pop Warner team.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OK. Without swimming through 20+ pages.........

They were better off not throwing the flag at all. The fact that they picked up the flag is on nobody else but Morelli. He has to get the ENTIRE crew together and ask them what they saw.

That is 1,000,000 % the back judges call. Back judge has tight end and slot receiver. If I'm the back judge, I throw that, and they come in and wave it off, then I'm putting the flag in my sock.

Draft saved Draft deleted