1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is that against the spread or outright?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Against the spread? That's the only smart play.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

You're right. I missed the spread.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

It appears to be against the spread, which changes everything.
    I'm a Pats honk, so my feeling is they win by double digits or lose outright.
    My concern was the Baltimore pass rush until I looked at the numbers - 37 of the Ravens 48 sacks came in seven games; home against Atlanta, Tenn, Jax and Cleveland, on the road against Miami, Tampa and NO. If Leveon Bell played last week, I don't think they have success getting to Roethlisberger.

5. LongTimeListener

Rhody, I found a book for you.

[​IMG]

Or, the erotic novel will leave you baffled and in a state of shock, like how the Patriots feel after facing the New York Giants in the Super Bowl. Lacey Noonan'sA Gronking to Remember makes 50 Shades of Greylook like Madame Bovary in terms of its literary sophistication. The clichés about football-obsessed husbands and frustrated wives are pretty heavy-handed. Early on, the sexual protagonist complains that her Molson-drinking husband is pretty much an incompetent Neanderthal. Of course, he is also a Jets fan, which is why he is so angry, pigheaded, and sexually inept, a fact that Noonan, who is a Patriots fan, hits readers over the head with quite a few times.

That said, I did appreciate the use of “butt fumble” to describe how the protagonist's husband falls against the wall when he's unable to sexually perform. As the protagonist gets herself off in front of her impotent husband, she moans “Oh, Gronky.” It's about as subtle as being tackled by J.J. Watt.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...to-remember-speed-read-8-naughtiest-bits.html

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is that Lacey Underall's married name?

7. LongTimeListener

That would appear to be the inspiration for it, anyway.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Does the book have a section of color photos?

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

That isn't any different than what he's already been playing through.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still think Dallas wins outright. 38-34.

Draft saved Draft deleted