1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Well, I think some were hoping that the week off would allow Rodgers to heal. If he has a tear, even a slight one, he's going to be in a lot of pain.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Hoping it's so damn cold he doesn't feel it.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Brady has even a little bit of time to throw he's going to pick apart that Raven's secondary. It only got this far by beating the bad teams and feasting on a shitty NFC South. If Brady gets hit enough and starts playing scared to take a hit, that keeps the Ravens in it. But all we're hearing about is how great Flacco is in January (and he has been lately) which Brady will probably take as a slight. And the Ravens don't have any DBs who can cover me right now. I think the Pats take this one by 10.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's pretty much any opponent against the Ravens, who rely heavily on getting to the quarterback. Webb is a decent corner, but that's about it. That said, they put plenty of pressure on Roethlisberger Saturday and he had been sacked a total of three times in the five previous games combined. As I've said, I think the absence of Bell certainly helped and the Baltimore won't be able to get away with ignoring the run again, but the Ravens do have a very good pass rush. Ngata looked fantastic in his return, which gives them two guys inside who can push the pocket inside as Suggs and Dumervil rush from the outside.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah that pass rush can be no bullshit. It's not 85 Bears, but man.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a quandary. Ordinarily I'd agree with M. Headbutt's analysis completely, but the Pats' pass blocking has regressed in the past four games, not to the horrors of September, but still questionable.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Commissioner looks like he's routing for The Ravens

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Come on. He doesn't care about anything besides the Cowboys.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did you see his hat? Ravens colors with a B. Obviously not Ravens hat but bad choice for today

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good game so far. Ravens secondary is very weak, but on the other hand, they might be scraping Brady off the turf with toothbrushes at this rate.

Draft saved Draft deleted