1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah the Patriots always seem to be great in that area at home for some completely unknown and not-at-all nefarious reason.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Marshawn Lynch is just fun to watch.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

How about Harbaugh bitching that the Patriots played dirty football lining up 4 offensive linemen on a TD drive early in the fourth quarter. The final time the Pats ran it, Harbaugh drew the flag for getting out on the field.
    Reading the quotes, his complaint is his team didn't have enough time to substitute and cover that formation. So the Pats sub, the Ravens sub, Vereen reports as ineligible, the Ravens are made aware of it, and they cover him anyway. No idea getting outcoached was a rules violation.
    I'm hammered, so be nice.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Reposting to jog memories.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Neither a team nor a QB really suited for a furious fourth quarter comeback.

7. MileHigh

Only a matter of time.

So we'll have a local kickoff for the NFC title game at 12:05 p.m. and the AFC title game at 6:40 p.m.

As opposed to the good old days when the start times would be determined by where the games would be held.

And in this case, again, LOCAL times, the AFC would go at 3:05 p.m. and the NFC at 3:40 p.m.

Hope Gee and the Pats don't freeze too much with the night start.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Time zones confusing me.
    I'd imagine if Seattle holds on, they're the late game, no?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fox got the late game last year. They rotate.

I have no idea what MileHigh's post says either. Once he has six hours between the starts and once they're at the same time.

ETA: ok now I see what he's saying with local, but it's confusing as hell.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No way they're keeping Brady vs. Manning or Luck out of prime time.

11. MileHigh

Nope. Already determined. Has been for two weeks. It's CBS's/AFC's turn to have the late game.

NFC title game kicks at noon Seattle time.
    AFC title game kicks at 6:40 p.m. Foxborough time.

12. MileHigh

That's not the deciding factor. It rotates. Manning-Brady was the early game last year, 49ers-Seahawks went late.

Draft saved Draft deleted