1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Shooting At Newspaper In Paris

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And what do "the enraged" propose to do the instant they quit "tolerating" it?

Never mind. Everybody knows, but nobody dares speak it.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We got into this at work the other day. One of our more weak-kneed colleagues suggested journalists just not tweak Islamists. My reply: "excuse me. I am not a Muslim. Therefore, I am not subject to their laws or rules. I can poke fun at the prophet the same way I poke fun at Jerry Jones or Nickelback. And while I don't want to be killed by anyone for excercising my rights anyone who wants to kills me has the problem. Not me.

old_tony likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's all just bullshit. If they'd gone, they'd have been ripped by the News for that, too. Two dying tabloids in pursuit of New York City's dying crabby old white people.

6. Starman

Of course, if the M. N. HAD gone, the RWSM would be going apeshit about 'grandstanding,' 'showboating,' 'attention-whoring' and trying to make it 'all about him.'

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: If Obama proposed a five percent wealth tax devoted totally to fighting terrorism, Zuckerman would have an aneurysm.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You forgot "taking too many trips on the taxpayer dime" and "trying to distract us from Benghazi."

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes says so fucking what.

10. Starman

But no doubt we'd get saturation coverage of BHO making google eyes at a foxy Danish PM.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did anyone's journalism colleagues suggest that in order to avoid offending orthodox Christians, pictures of gay and lesbian couples be omitted from magazines and newspapers? Blasphemy is blasphemy.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Smart politics to not show up at the anti-terror rally. The Democratic Party's base would have been very upset.

Draft saved Draft deleted