1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

LOL, you knew what you were getting, that's on you if you wasted your time.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He's not. He's trying to make it look like the NFL is bullying him.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I do love how some media put themselves on the same level as the players now. As if the game wouldn't be as big without their insightful stories they provide.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some media? Or one guy from the Pioneer Press?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Has to irk the NFL that their partner - New Era is making the Beast Mode hats.
    [​IMG]

Even in the fledgling AFL they didn't have to play in a parking lot.
    Semi pro teams even get to play on nice fields.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Although he might have been the only one to tweet it, we both know that is a common thought in the media room.

7. Dick Whitman

And just for a little context here, I am the person who has suggested on this site that I'd have little problem if all sports access went away tomorrow and, in fact, think the news media might be better off if that happened.

8. Dick Whitman

Someone tell LTL that YF hacked his account.

9. LongTimeListener

Oh, come on. You don't think Brian Murphy is talking to some buddies in the press room who are backing him? We've both been there. I know I've heard it and I'm pretty sure you have too.

10. LongTimeListener

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Rodney Harrison: Marhawn Lynch sets bad example for youth - Dan Patrick ShowDan Patrick Show

"When you sign up to play in the NFL, part of your responsibility as a player is to be able to communicate with the media, so your fans can hear you. That's part of your job. It's not just going out there and running for touchdowns."

"I think it's very selfish. I think it's immature. If he has a problem talking to the media, he needs to go hire someone to help him bring his personality out and it's his responsibility. It's your job. That's part of it."

"For years, black people didn't have a voice in this world, and you finally have an opportunity to have a voice and to talk, and you treat it -- and make a mockery about it -- like it's a joke. I don't agree with it and I don't care if people criticize me for saying what I'm saying."

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

His temperature is a little high, his PSI a little low.

Draft saved Draft deleted