1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I always thought it started with Rasheed Wallace and "both teams played hard" in 2003. (For which he was fined BTW.)

EDIT: Yep, poin and I are on a wavelength here.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

McCarthy's team would have still f'd it up.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Marshall, why are you here?

Quick follow-up Marshall, who knows why you are here?

One last question Marshall, would you like to share why you are here?

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As much as I think Lynch is being a petulant child for not talking to the media, this makes me think... anybody here cover Randy Moss with the Vikings?

From about 2002 on, Moss wouldn't talk with the local writers. As TV, we didn't have too much trouble and he'd give decent quotes but you didn't need his words for your story. Between Daunte Culpepper being a terrible QB interview and Moss rarely talking, you had to seek out others... and that's where Mike Tice filled your story with his bizarre quotes, Fred Smoot was...Fred Smoot and Onterrio Smith was getting busted for getting a fake dick through the airport.

Just gotta find different angles, I suppose.

As for Moss, just make sure you're rolling when he walks off the field at Washington before the game ends and fakes mooning the fans at Lambeau. Personally, I liked the guy even though he didn't make himself available very often.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

So, what kind of car do you drive these days?

(Assuming he's gotten his license back by now...)

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he's serious, it's time to get out of the sun. Rule 1. In an argument between a player and journalists, the audience will always side with the player. In this case, they're right, too. Just let it go. People think we're self-important douches. Don't prove them right.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How democratic of him.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He learned from his Oakland homeboy Al Davis, who once said he likes beautiful women more than un-beautiful women.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"Marshawn, you want to ditch these nerds and grab some lunch?"

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted