1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I agree, it is ridiculous, it is also the 24-7 news cycle. I don't like it, I don't like what it has become, but it has become that because there are consumers for it.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is a weird tangent for the Marshawn Lynch thread, but re the "experts" on snow, the only thing they missed was they forecast the snow for 15-20 miles west of where it landed. Long Island got buried by more than two feet.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And 25 years ago, a meteorologist could be off by 20 miles and everyone would shrug and say, "those guys are never right," and move along. But in this day and age of maniac news directors cutting into regular programming and putting 17 idiots out along highways, downtown, at the airport, at the Mayor's office, up your ass and "giving YOU nonstop coverage THROUGH THE NIGHT AS WE FOLLOW THIS HISTORY MAKING, BABY-MAKING, ASSFUCKER OF A BLIZZARD!!!"...well, when you're wrong, it amplifies it a bit. Why ya' think those knobs at The Weather Channel started naming these storms? Helps with Hype. Way easier to say, "Winter Storm Bruno is coming! Take shelter!"

JackReacher likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The cognitive stress on Boston TV local news this week has been hilarious. Homerism for our beloved Pats at the Super Bowl has been forced to take a back seat to TV's actual favorite event, Big Weather, but the stations already paid to send the "talent" out to Phoenix so they sent an advance guard with more to come now that the emergency's over -- and all media availability for the Bowl is over, too.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So Lynch finally speaks and fat ass, old, white reporter Bart Hubbach mocks the way he speaks. Asks if it can be translated to English.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But not racist, remember that. He'd be saying that if Lynch were green, purple or orange, amirite?

I've been on Lynch's side, but 10x that now. Bart's reporter buddies should be laying him out on that one.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

In the end I do think Lynch is being a bit of a dick, he could me more cordial about it. But he has talked, just not to the people the pompous, holier than thou lazy writers think he should have. There is Pittsburgh moron who believes he should be suspended Sunday.

Can anybody provide me the link to one groundbreaking story that one of these twats has written over the last 3 days? By not talking, Lynch has made himself the biggsest story of the week. Have more words been written about anyone else?

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I thought Lynch was being a dickhead, but if he really doesn't want to talk to the media because he doesn't want to take any credit for himself, then I find that admirable. And he really isn't being a dick, because if the NFL would allow him to just skip the sessions, he wouldn't act like that. He just wouldn't go.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

UC Berkeley ought to be proud of Mr Lynch

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Given that it is UC Berkeley they probably are.

Draft saved Draft deleted