1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You didn't see the post where I said who posted it?

Are you Rich Walsh?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh I see - your first post said "Zagoshe" - to which I was going to say, um, you will have to point out where I said that because I don't recall ever saying that. I just said he should be fined

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No problem with him being fined, it's the hysteria that goes along with it that's comical.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I think he kinda does. I think Lynch very much wants to be noticed and seen and puzzled over and talked about. Randy Moss, as anti-media and misunderstood as they come until he joined the media, wasn't much different.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The all time extreme example might be Bill Walton

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know why people object. I can only take them at their words.

I know why I object - because it doesn't seem like that big of an imposition to me to talk about football with other humans for five minues.

7. Let's say the Seahawks win Sunday and Lynch is the biggest reason why. Let's say he rushes for about 150 yards and scores three touchdowns. Does the assembled media not vote him MVP out of some shitty principle?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

9. I would say I agree with you but then I look at the baseball HOF voting....

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't forget fan Internet voting is part of the Super Bowl MVP process now.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wonder if George Hendrick would be a media villian in this day and age because he never did interviews.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Here's the video Rhody was talking about:

After watching this, I'm pretty sure we can call the social anxiety thing bullshit. I found him extremely funny, charming and engaging in this video.

I think he is doing it because he assumes if he keeps doing it like this, people will stop asking him to show up. Like when your parents used to give you a chore to do and you would do it poorly, hoping they wouldn't ask again.

In other words, he is just being childish because he doesn't want to do something he has to do. Welcome to being an adult.

Draft saved Draft deleted