1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's right, Boss.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Marshawn Lynch is playing a character to the media. He's enjoying every minute of it.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Was wearing a newspaper on your head some kind of 60s fad?

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't buy that for a second. Nothing about what he is doing resembles a "character" he is trying to portray. What character would that even be?

But even so, does it make it any less childish?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It seems that people -- and by "people" I mean essentially every single person in America who knows about this act and is not part of the working media -- are enjoying it.

So what exactly is Lynch doing wrong?

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Duane Thomas said far less and was light years more insightful than Lynch will ever hope to be. But keep lapping it up, boys.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I really don't think he is doing anything "wrong." In the grand scheme of things, all he is doing is refusing to spout out the usual Super Bowl cliches. And I actually am enjoying it. This isn't something that is getting me bent out of shape. It is actually the first time that I can remember looking forward to seeing what someone says during Super Bowl media obligations.

But when friends ask my opinion on WHY he is doing it, I say that he is taking the childish route of pouting about doing something he has to do.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's not doing anything "wrong." He's just being a dick about it.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It was if you were bald, without a hat and trying to prevent sunburn on your head from being out by the pool for an unexpected extended interview session.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Debate's over. He's in.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not here. Not ever.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't make me go all Dewey Evans on yo ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted