1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"Electrify." Goodness gracious.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

IMO, this a few degrees off. Perhaps because you think "new wing" side is actually a side that could schism away from the establishment. I don't think it is and never have. I think that side largely is a tool to stoke up anger and help keep a bunch of thinktanks and media organizations in business. Occasionally, you stumble upon a Ted Cruz, as complete and genuine a smug-ass lawyer as you'll ever find. He's helpful in this regard. He's also the kind of person who'd give you a two-page critique of your Fantasy Football team because you said "pretty good draft, huh?" But most of these folks - especially, good Lord, Rubio - are manufactured position papers. Who Rubio was, essentially, is Jeb Bush, who's damn near a leftist according to some. Who he is now is some dude angling for big checks after politics. Which sums up a lot of them.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Does he have to be that arrogant to think anytime he is baited he has to win the pissing match. Can he be that stupid not to realize the God hates fags people would be the only ones who may support criticizing the military record of McCain. Is it that hard to just say that McCain should be commended for his service, but every member of the House of Reps and Senate needs to be called out on the deficit and economy.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Two things:

1. Donald Trump's politics are as status quo as they come. He's just a shit talker in public.

2. McCain didn't bait anyone into anything. Trump's own insecurity baits him into ludicrous statements.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's a sizable segment of the teabag party which has been shit-screeching about Hillary Clinton for TWENTY. FIVE. GODDAMN. YEARS, and much of that same segment has been collectively shitting its shorts about the Mooslim Neegro for going on eight years now, so the idea Trump is taking some bold new courageous stand no one else will dare to utter is a little ridiculous, but then again so is Trump himself.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Trump is going to be a barometer to how gullible members of this country are.

I can understand someone going with Romney or a TEA Party candidate. I don't agree with their beliefs, but they are at least logical beliefs.

Trump is just fucking nuts. Can you imagine this dipshit waltzing into the Middle East or sitting down with Putin?

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Best line I've heard yet "He's the Johnny Knoxville of politics."

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Vince Foster! Clinton body count!

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd call him nuts as much as way too arrogant. How many times has he actually failed at something? Even when he's lost money, it's probably taken him about two days to make it back. That, understandable, leads him to believe he's the smartest guy in the room even when he's not.
    That might be even more dangerous for American than being nuts. At least if you're nuts, you can be like Putin and Kim Jong Un and scare people into giving you what you want to maintain the peace. When you've reached that level of arrogance, you're just pissing people off. In any high level deal you need to be some degree of asshole to get the better end of it, but Trump seems like he'd go too far with it and not even realize it.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Can you imagine a "community organizer" doing those things?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes. And Obama's had a successful 7 years in foreign policy, too, objectively and comparatively speaking. Fox News and conservative bloggers don't think so, but they're paid not to think so. Reagan was a shitshow, by comparison.

ISIS is despicable group and there's considerable debate on how much of that is directly Obama's fault, but, hey - Islamic terrorists blew up 241 American soldiers in 1983. They conducted 9/11 when Bush was in office. They've been killing people for a long time. You had 189 Americans die on the Pan Am flight. Is that viewed as a failure of the Reagan era?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.