1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Much like everything else, none of it is Obama's fault.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Aw.

So, again, compared to other recent US presidents, you think he's had a rough 7 years in foreign policy? Or don't you?

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

If you give him a pass on ISIS, don't count the impotence in regards to Putin's aggression in Ukraine and conveniently forget that he once said he cared about Syria, then I suppose you could say he's had a good run.

And then there's the pending nuclear deal with an avowed enemy of the U.S. in which American hostages were left behind.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't give him a "pass" on ISIS. But if I don't give him a pass there, what the hell do I do with Reagan and Hezbollah? Or Reagan and the Libyans who blew up Pan Am 103? Or Reagan and the Afghan freedom fighters who later became the Taliban?

It's now documented fact that we botched Iraq something fierce. I'm not even talking ideology. Execution. Is that on Bush, the shoddy execution? Yes and no.

Comparatively speaking, again, Obama's been fine.

What's changed is the coverage. It's a mile wide and inch deep. Just because 100 conservative bloggers who have to gin up rage on a daily basis to turn a buck say it's so...doesn't mean it's so. It just means they need to turn a buck.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

People were talking about the power vacuum that could be potentially created and filled by something worse than the existing nut jobs if Iraq could not maintain itself well before many of us had ever heard the name Obama.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. Mr. Sunshine

Imagine if liberals used the Internet.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is that a joke? You echoing Trump or what?

9. YankeeFan

Why? Would you think less of someone who said such a thing? Maybe think they would be disqualified from public service?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Al Franken is a comedian.
    Donal Trump is a joke.

11. YankeeFan

OK. Go with that.

It's just funny that the only time the media and the left get concerned about John McCain's reputation is when he's "trashed" by George Bush/Karl Rove, or by Donald Trump

Meanwhile, during the 2008 campaign there was a coordinated whisper campaign suggesting that McCain had been broken during his time as a POW, and might have gone "crazy". I guess that was just good politics, especially since team Obama kept their fingerprints off of the campaign.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Now you're dead, now you're dead 'cause I'm an animal. And I'm bigger than you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.