1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm honestly curious about that because if he does not tell the Republican line on that those are two major players who could go to war against him if he goes in the wrong side of the field there.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Donald Trump has policy ideas? Who knew?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Our guns are stupid. They're morons! When Trump is president, we'll have the best guns in the world.

We have global warming because our leaders are weak morons! They're stupid! He'll put global warming in its place.

Big Circus likes this.
  4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've heard people say Donald Trump "Built a business." Really?
    He inherited his father's money and went bankrupt four times.
    I don't know anything about business, but I'm pretty sure if I started out with what he had I couldn't do any worse.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm actually fascinated by what he could do in this election.

Let's say he has 30% of America buying his hairspray. Come the first primary, 30% just might be enough in each state until the heard is thinned.

The problem is, 30% is not enough to win it all. He might get close to 40%, if he was the GOP choice on the POTUS ticket, but so many Republicans are logical people who could not possibly pull the leaver to have this guy in the White House.

God, what a mess.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see how Trump would auction off the Vice President/Chief Apprentice job.

God, what a mess.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His business is vastly larger than his father's.

Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy, though he could have.

He is currently involved in 515 business entities:

The 92-page report starts with the 515 entities where the Republican presidential candidate has a title (usually president, chairman or both). It provides a window into the sprawling Trump empire, which includes the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, Trump World Publications LLC, Trump Ocean Manager Inc. and DT Dubai II Golf Manager LLC, in addition to golf clubs, vineyards and a private jet operation.

Donald Trump's Financial Disclosure Form Has Landed—And It's Huge - Bloomberg Politics

Even if a handful of those reorganized under bankruptcy protection, is that a bad record?

And, yeah, lots of people have taken successful family businesses and driven them into the ground. Growing it to the size Trup did, even given his father's success is rare.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Much easier to score a run when you are born at third base.

9. YankeeFan

No doubt, but he grew his father's business tremendously.

He's expanded into areas his father never would have. Hell, his father advised him to never build/buy in Manhattan.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

His wealth is no more a result of his hard work than my lack of wealth is my fault.
    That's all I'm saying.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Looks like Huckabee figures Trumpspeak is a sure way to boost his polling:

"“This president’s foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven," Huckabee said in an interview with Breitbart News."

Playing the Nazi card. And it's still July.

12. YankeeFan

That's absurd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.