1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump will do for America what he did for Atlantic City

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I have a theory on Trump.

He and Ted Cruz seem awfully chummy. I think Trump is running as a stalking horse to help pave the way for his Canadian buddy. His throwing of Molotov cocktails will allow Cruz to do the same and not be called out for it down the road after Trump bows out.

What's in it for Trump? Look at the headlines. Trump is getting everything he wants, namely publicity. And tons of it.

Again, just a theory.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's beyond publicity. He wants more money and the power to beat money players. It's what he lusts. Art of the deal.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ironic, isn't it, that the same party that, a few years ago, was screeching that the opposing party's candidate was a CELEBRITY is now embracing a celebrity themselves.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think he's genuinely curious to see if he can be President. Fuck it.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It is rather clear the GOP leadership does not care for Trump. #baronlogic

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, puhleeze, they were perfectly happy with him until he attacked one of their own. They loved him with those birther attacks.

If McCain were a Democrat, they'd be falling over themselves praising him.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So Trump deserves every bit of scorn his party has heaped upon him. He deserved to have Jeb Bush call his remark “slanderous” and Rick Perry to call it “offensive.” He deserved Rick Santorum’s tweet that “McCain is an American hero,” and the Republican National Committee’s statement that “there is no place in our party or our country” for such remarks. In a word, he deserved condemnation.

But the people who slandered John Kerry deserved it, too. The secretary of state is also a war hero, period, full stop. If that term doesn’t fit a wounded man who braved enemy fire to fish another man out of a river, then it doesn’t fit anyone. Yet in 2004 when then-Sen. Kerry ran for president and a shadowy Republican-allied group mocked that heroism and baselessly called Kerry a liar, the GOP had a different response.

Jeb Bush wrote a letter praising those who questioned Kerry’s heroism. Perry declined to condemn them. “I think that there’s a lot of questions,” he said. Santorum said Kerry “brought this upon himself” by emphasizing his military service. And Republicans went to their convention sporting small purple bandages in mockery of Kerry’s Purple Heart.

That behavior was what Trump’s comment is: shameful. It is to their discredit that so many Republicans failed to condemn it as such. Interestingly enough, at least one did. His name was John McCain.

Leonard Pitts, Jr.: Patriotism is not a partisan issue | Miami Herald

10. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Which is why the Democrats should love him. I didn't think they cared for the GOP leadership - unless in reality, the GOP leadership is becoming just like the Democrats.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

12. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Aw hell, I wish we could just cease the 24-month election cycle. The Bilderburg gathering has elected its next U.S. president, save for the 2016 reconsideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.