1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I think Hillary really wants to be queen.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Likeable to who? If she's the nominee, Democrats will vote for her no matter what.

Personally, I'm not planning on voting for her. But, if the choice is her or Huckabee, or her or Santorum, or her or Cruz, or her or Trump, I'd think long and hard about picking her.

Spot-on observation by YF on Christie, too. He would've been the nominee in 2012. Now, he's coming off like the AA version of Trump and could be out before we even get to Iowa.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean she'll win.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think she'd win handily over at least 14 of the 17 GOP candidates. As it stands now, of course.

She's also likable enough to have little to no competition in the Democratic primary. Though, admittedly, being more likable than Martin O'Malley isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

I'd personally love to see Jim Webb get a little traction.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

How long before Bernie Sanders is done as a candidate, by his own or by the Clinton factory?

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Webb seems way too qualified and level-headed to be a serious candidate for president. At this point, I seriously wonder if we'll ever get another president with any sort of gravitas.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm fairly liberal and vote mainly Democrat...

But if it came down to Christie vs Hilary, I'd give Christie a good hard look. A lot of Democrats would. Nobody's all that excited about Hilary Clinton.

Christie's electable in the general, totally.

But he'll be cut off at the knees by Iowa.

It's gotta be so frustrating for most of you right-leaning folks.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What, that Christie has no chance?

That has the right-leaning folks celebrating.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton, and I say this as someone who leans Starman Left, used to come across as an uppity bitch. Now she comes across as the guy at the company who feels he should be senior management just because he's been there the longest and "paid his dues."

"Vote for me, America! I've been doing this for over 30 years!"

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No right winger is upset by Christie's flame out.

He wouldn't win the general, and wouldn't carry his home state.

The more people got to know him, the less they would like him. He's a one trick pony. Acting like an asshole and a bully is great when you're blasting someone/something who/that is unpopular -- like the media -- but that's all he has. And, as governor, he has no record of success to run on.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

C'mon, now. She's still an uppity bitch.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

An uppity bitch who has paid her dues, though.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.