1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

No one gives a shit what you think. That word has no use on the board in the way it's thrown about.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You ever see me use it on this board, other than the paragraph above?

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Why state your opinion regarding its use? Was there a discussion regarding developmental disabilities taking place that I missed?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted.

The word is used 95% of the time to insult and demean people. To insinuate they are so stupid they must be special needs.

It's not political correctness, you're an asshole if this part of your vocabulary.

Lugnuts, YankeeFan and Machine Head like this.
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Great googly moogly.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

UAB football's relevance in the college football landscape was retarded last fall.

7. Machine Head

"Retard" is PC.

Fabulous.

8. Neutral Corner

Roger that. As I said, it is not a word that I use.

9. Machine Head

Toothpaste.

Tube.

Out.

JC likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Yeah, spotted that. I will say one more thing then shut up. I probably shouldn't even offer this one up, but I figure I already stepped in shit to my armpit, so what the hell.

What triggered me was the descriptor "the R word". I understand that it is a derogatory word and I don't use it. I can't remember the last time I called someone that, it is not in my working vocabulary. Search everything I've written on this site, and you won't find it. As hurtful as that word is I don't consider it to be anywhere in the league of the N word, and that's basically what I meant. Obviously I never should have posted that. Rebukes accepted as deserved.

It was a stupid and ill considered comment.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Precisely, such as this education-attacking college expellee Koch sucker. To insult and demean is the entire idea.

I never ever use the R word in a derogatory sense toward individuals actually affected by such conditions. I do use it toward mouthbreathing motherfuckers who purport to have the intellectual credentials necessary to make command decisions intended to degrade and dismantle world class institutions while simultaneously impeding opportunity for the vast majority of the populace at every level of education, and who don't have the mental firepower necessary to lace up my stinking sneakers.

One of the biggest problems of our society today is that stupid fucks like Scott Walker are making decisions controlling the futures of millions, and no one will say in public, "this guy is really a stupid fuck."

Similarly, I never ever use the F word in a derogatory sense toward individuals of the LGBT persuasion, but I do use it in the face of screw loose right wingers who evince an astonishing obsession with the topic of gay sex, including all its societal implications and its nuts and bolts mechanical details, and also exhibit rather flagrant gaydar-activating personal mannerisms (Yoo Hoo Lindsey, Yoo Hoo Frothy Lube Boy, Yoo Hoo Marcus). This topic is usually hilariously effective toward the bible-flogging fan clubs of these flaming teabag closet princesses, who take these barbs as absolute mortal insults. Suck on it, darlings.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

R-word, F-word ... I go with Chris Rock (and Starman) in that sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.