1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't expect a lot from a president anymore, but I still expect him to not act like a freaking 4-year-old and get in name-calling battles with anyone who dares not worship him.

Smallpotatoes, SFIND and SnarkShark like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How would the President or Hillary Clinton have dealt with a reporter heckling them?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You tell us Yankeefan, you know Hilary better than any of us.

Riptide likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the reporter. That was handled properly as far as I can tell. I'm talking about Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell and the endless stream of insults and Twitter battles and what have you with anyone and everyone. He's way too thin-skinned. If he'd just grow up, I might be able to take him seriously.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There is nothing left to take serious about Donald Trump once you remove the thin-skinned bombast and self-promotion. I think Lindsey Graham actually nailed it yesterday:

“There’s 30 percent of my primary electorate that believes that Obama’s a Muslim, that he’s born in Kenya, and that would deport everybody,” Graham said after being shown a poll of South Carolina voters, 30 percent of whom support Trump in the Republican presidential primary.

“So there’s a dark side of politics that Mr. Trump’s appealing to,” he added.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dumb quote, I think.

The GOP still hasn't figured out a way to bury Trump. That's the sadder indictment than 30% of the dark side to any electorate.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yes, that dark side is also known as the Republican base and has been carefully cultivated and grown over the four or five decades.

When it turns against them, suddenly Republicans are very concerned.

Riptide and cranberry like this.
  8. cranberry

The GOP has nurtured that base, fed it red meat. It deserves all of this and I kind of enjoy watching it.

Riptide likes this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

As a former Republican, I feel the same.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'd hate to vote for Hillary, too.

12. cranberry

OK, the base plus stupid, disinterested people who call them independents because they don't care or know enough to formulate an opinion. They loved him on The Apprentice!

Such a straight shooter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.