1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

1000% disagree. Do you want your tax dollars paying for those 30 years? I don't get these childish calls for torture and maximum suffering, it's better for everybody (other than perhaps a few defense attorneys) if he just dies as quickly as possible. If it's painless that's fine by me.

cjericho and SnarkShark like this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Anyone who needs 23 pages ain't worth reading.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That is the mainstream opinion, and the one that has carried the day in this country. It should be uncontroversial.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A lot of our tax dollars go for things of no benefit whatsoever to society. Not only should they torture this fucker, they should broadcast it every day. More of a deterrent than the death penalty.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I wonder if the EEOC report is included.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Word is that he shot himself by the highway after being challenged by the police.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As long as his individual guilt is established, I'd be fine with him dead in the next 10 minutes.
    As far as him suffering extended pain etc etc, I'd agree I wouldn't want to spend 10 cents of tax money on it. If he ends up suffering 30 years as a near vegetable due to his own actions that would be fine too.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Did this asshole at least do us a favor and Go Pro that, too?

schiezainc likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll quibble with the big government is evil part.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If he survives and goes to trial, does this fall under the hate crime umbrella?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We'll have to see the manifesto, but it seems like he thought this was a reaction to hate, not an expression of hate on his part.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Holy semantics, Batman! I really don't care, except to the extent that such laws seem to unnecessarily keep score as to the relative value of certain lives (and deaths).

Draft saved Draft deleted