1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Always? Like during a war should the media demand to know what the next course of action is?

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yes. Sorry. It's a late night.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No problem. I was sure it was a simple crossing of wires.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"He was not one of us."

Roanoke

schiezainc likes this.
  5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Dick, you've made several similar posts in this thread. Normally I don't agree with what you post or how you post it, but in this case, sadly, I think you're right on.
    Somewhere early in this thread there was a mention of how the chamber lady in the story was promoting tourism when the shooting happened, and how that was terribly unfortunate timing. It is: come enjoy our area and try not to get blown away.
    But the reality is this could have just as easily been the school superintendent talking about a new school program. It could have been the local bus or train system director talking about new routes being added. It could have been an interview with anyone, anywhere.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Long day.

Finally dialed down enough to go to sleep.

Thanks for being here today. It's weird in that PCLL and I are probably the only TV types here but chatting with a bunch of other journaliam types made it easier too.

murphyc, old_tony, Ace and 2 others like this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No, I'm not just now realizing this. I've been aware for quite a while. Events like this just drive the point home.

I was in a car much of yesterday, listening to various news broadcasts along the east coast. Amazing how much incorrect information was out there, particularly about the pursuit of the shooter.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I saw today there is a hash tag:

#WeStandWithWDBJ

Very moving.

9. Dick Whitman

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Times incoming TV critic:

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We need Jon Gold's rebuttal.

old_tony likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

I'm sure all of these people expressed the same dismay at the airing of the Walter Scott and Samuel Dubose videos.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted