1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But the power and shiny toys! Air Force One. Marine One. The nuclear button!

Donald Trump and the nuclear fucking button. Even moving to Canada might not be enough to safely get away.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Read this yesterday and found it sort of funny: For all his supposed business acumen, had the Donald simply retired 30 years ago and invested his money in index funds, the most favorable (to him) estimates are that he'd be worth twice as much as he actually is.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You may have read it here when you posted it.

It is kind of interesting, though.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My Mission Statement: Posts so good they're worth posting twice.

Shit ... getting old and it's been a long week.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

I think that's someone idea of saying, "look Donald's not so smart."

30 years of hindsight is pretty convenient.

Was Trump supposed to unwind all of his real estate holdings at once, and get top dollar for them? His timing would have to have been perfect to unload real estate, and buy index funds.

7. YankeeFan

It's pretty funny. So far, Democrats/liberals have mostly cheered the disruptive nature of Trump's candidacy and have gleefully hoped for a third party run.

His candidacy was going to leave the Republican Party in ruins.

The folks most critical of Trump, most worried by him, have been Republicans, and conservative Republicans in particular.

Now, in the last 24 hours, he get hand wringing articles from both Tom Friedman and Charles Blow of the Times.

Are folks getting worried?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They didn't kill him early enough. He might be unsinkable by now unless they have something big but then they probably would have dropped that bomb by now.

It's too late unless he drops out, which he probably won't, or does something that is just too incredibly stupid to believe and is finally removed from the spotlight.

Yeah, I'm sure that whatever Charles Blow writes is going to be the needle mover.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely. They thought this circus would be over months ago.

Aren't you a little worried he might actually win?

I won't be voting for Clinton, so I was genuinely interested in who the Republicans could offer, but the idea of Trump as president terrifies me.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Lord knows I have been wrong many times but isn't it kind of early to be drawing any conclusions on Trump's actually winning the nomination? I am starting to think that Kasich might be able to stay above the fray and get back into this thing. Bush has been a dolt throughout the early stages and Walker is clearly not capable. But Kasich seems to be the one guy that has not put his foot in his mouth on a near daily basis. I honestly can not believe that we are even paying this much attention this early, our process is fucked up.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Kasich might be viable if anyone knew who the hell he was.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree and I didn't think he had a prayer a month ago but it seems as if the would be front runners are all fighting to keep up with Trump's craziness and with each passing day they seem less and less Presidential. We shall see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.