1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The difference being you support those killings.

2. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

As useless as this non-point is, it actually does have some validity in regard to events that happened in developing the West.

Also, I sometimes think today's pro-gun zealots believe they could be called upon to storm Fort Ticonderoga any day now.

schiezainc likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Am I a pro-gun zealot? What would I be if I had shot a gun more than once or ever owned one?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

AQB's point is that banning guns won't solve anything because the guns won't go away. So why would banning abortion solve anything because abortion won't go away?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jesus, BaronSTFU.

YankeeFan and Stoney like this.
  6. YorksArcades

Some of us have "shot a gun" many times and are still sensible enough to realize that some fools need to be regulated -- from themselves. In fact, "shooting a gun" many times helped to show how idiotic the zealots can be.

The quickest sign of a pro-gun zealot is: "Does this person value a gun over human life?" If the answer is yes, then we have a winner.

Smallpotatoes and schiezainc like this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Cool story, bro.

old_tony likes this.
  8. YorksArcades

It is, isn't it? It gets even better. One brain-deficient guy used to try to get ricochets to hit other people. Isn't that hilarious?

Of course, it wasn't so funny when they had a semi-legitimate accident involving a ricochet, and it turned out to be fatal. Fortunately, by then I knew the level of intelligence I was dealing with and was not around.

In the aftermath, we saw the first instance of the touchstone: "Does this person value a gun over human life?"

9. Mr. Sunshine

Riveting narrative.

old_tony likes this.
  10. YorksArcades

I'm sure it is. I could go on, with details about the visitation, funeral, etc. I used to have some of the details from the inquest, too, but those are gone now. I was spared that first-person experience.

Now you can try another pithy comment.

11. Mr. Sunshine

When you get a chance, can you provide a list of all the things YOU don't deem necessary and should be banned?

12. YorksArcades

First, you show me a place where I have called for anything to be banned. Regulating idiots from their own self-induced killing/property-destroying zeal doesn't count.

Draft saved Draft deleted