1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't see her in those photos, just him.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hm. I just glanced at it, but I thought I saw her covered up not far from the camerman. My bad if that wasn't her.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

My initial thought, from how his arm/hand looked in the video, it was mounted on his chest. Also, wasn't there that one freeze frame after the camera man dropped his camera that showed Flanagan? I don't remember seeing anything on his head, but I do remember some people wondering if he had body armor on. Could have been a GoPro chest rig.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I saw that pic too. That couldn't have been anyone but her.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Has the woman that lived but was shot talk yet? I would think she could shed a glimmer of light on some questions.
    It seemed from the video he never said a word, just waited and shot. No grand statement...no blood-lust yell...just point, shoot.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Just her husband.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

...Yeah, just like a camera...

How ironic.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Oh...good. The crazies have it figured out:
    [​IMG]

Nothing like a good #FalseFlag right?

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Before we deal with all that, I need to find out if I or my children need legal representation. They don't have a constitutional right to go to college ... and they're going to college. And I don't have a constitutional right to have an exterior television antenna ... and I have an exterior television antenna. Is either of these offenses a felony?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't even bring that shit around here, Smallpotatoes.

YankeeFan and amraeder like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, but you're risking the wrath of the Grammar Police by using "Is either of these offenses," instead of "Are either of these offenses." You may be receiving a summons to go to Grammar Court.

Draft saved Draft deleted