1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If that is a TV court show led by Kelsey Grammar, I'm watching it.

HC likes this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why's everyone looking at me?

JC likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I may not beat the ride, but I'll beat the rap.

p.s. You are just fucking with me, right? Because I'm pretty sure my usage is correct.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That takes pretty good aim. From what I've heard, Japanese peckers are small.

Riptide, schiezainc and BDC99 like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Devil, when you get a chance, PM me your rate sheet for business consulting services.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Alright so placate me here for a second.
    We've already seen that dead college kids (Virginia Tech) and dead children (Sandy Hook) won't move the needle so, let's be honest, this isn't even going to register on the scale of an actual change in gun laws but what, if anything, would?
    I shudder at the thought about what kind of catastrophe it would take to really bring about actual change.
    Pop star murdered on live TV at the Grammys? I don't think that would do it ... though if it were someone big it MIGHT inspire the next generation to take up the fight when they get older.
    Some ridiculous mass shooting that makes VT look like childsplay?
    Someone takes out a sitting president (again)?
    I honestly don't know if we're at a point where the needle can be moved. I think it's going to take some ground-level shit to change attitudes enough the same way gay marriage went from being laughed about ten years ago to socially acceptable by a majority of Americans to constitutionally-protected a couple of months ago.
    Maybe that's what it takes. Because there's a large segment of this population that would rather see 5,000,000 innocent Americans die at the hands of guns than turn in the gun they don't actually need out of some blind loyalty to this idea that they're entitled to own one.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on the president, but I don't think that would do it. Unfortunately, I don't think anything would at this point.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is such a dumb question.

What hateful thing could someone say that would make you want to amend the 1st Amendment?

What murder trial would turn on the exclusion of evidence for you to want to amend the 4th Amendment?

What would Planned Parenthood have to do for you to want to amend abortion rights?

Draft saved Draft deleted