1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree with Da Man. Someone needs to smoke up some duct tape.

2. Baron Scicluna

Remind me again which party was questioning American citizens' patriotism for not wearing a flag pin?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

< crickets >

4. Baron Scicluna

Shit, I'll settle for another one of his baseball analogies. I blasted his other one out of the park.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not sure what that has to do with you being a tinfoil hat-wearing nut job.

6. Baron Scicluna

You keep proving my point about #nuance.

As for my response, try to follow along. My point is that 9/11 conspiracy theorists exist due to the government's reaction. Your point was that I wouldn't say that if the president was a member of the other party.

I pointed out another example of the certain behavior of the party in charge of the government at that time; behavior that, I would think would have been abhorred by most Americans regardless of political persuasion. But yet, behavior that emphasizes the point of the government conspiracists.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So you're saying that given the government's actions, their behavior is understandable. Now I'm not as versed in nuance as you, but I sure would like you to at least adumbrate* how that's not justifying it.

*Hi 93Devil!

8. doctorquant

Your point is ridiculous. Within a week of 9/11 conspiracy theories abounded. Months before the invasion of Iraq leftists across the U.S. suggested that Dubya was either behind it or passively complicit in it. This picture is from September of 2002 ...

[​IMG]

Further, do a bit of the Googling and find out when Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney said this: "It is known that President Bush's father, through The Carlyle Group, had–at the time of the attacks–joint business interests with the bin Laden construction company and many defense industry holdings, the stocks of which have soared since September 11." Here's a hint ... it was long before the Iraq invasion was on the table.

Unless your point is that the government should have done or said NOTHING in response to the 9/11 attacks. Unless your point is that the government should have not blamed ANYONE. Unless your point is that the government should have simply chalked it up as a "man-made disaster."

In which case your point is ridiculous, too.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Here's something for you to jerk off to tonight.

Lost Words: A-E

Just curious, but that word has been used about 20 times in the last two years according to a google news search. Use that word in class this week. I'm sure your students will be amazed by your communication skills.

10. 93Devil

Holy shit. Seven people are holding a banner. That changes everything.

11. 93Devil

12. doctorquant

#deepthinker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.