1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Except the gun-free zone argument is just a GOP talking point. But you'll just ignore that fact. Go back a page or so. But facts just don't matter to too many people these days.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it's your side arguing to make the entire country a gun-free zone.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LaPierre alone made a million bucks a year, which is, ironically, equal to about $100 for every man, woman and child murdered with a gun in America

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Very few people are arguing that. And UCC might or might not have been a gun-free zone, but it has ZERO to do with why this incident happened.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And I do mean ZERO. Fucking talking points. Go jerk off to Fox News.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Honest question:

If "gun free zones" are of zero positive consequence, would you be in favor of airport security allowing them on planes?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If we allowed guns on airplanes, 9-11 would have been prevented.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have no idea who Dylan Matthews is, but I suddenly want to see him get run over by someone fleeing a shooting, who lost control of their car while smoking a cigarette, eating a twinkie and drinking a Bud Light.

BDC99 likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All it takes is a couple of gunshots to the head of the pilot and co-pilot, and the plane crashes anyways.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The sheriff leading the investigation is smallpotatoes' friend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/u...-facebook.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Three days before that letter was released, Mr. Hanlin shared a link on his personal Facebook page to a YouTube video, which suggested that the shootings at Sandy Hook — and the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 — might have been staged by the federal government to provide a pretext for “disarming the public” through gun control legislation. In a comment imploring his Facebook friends to watch that video, whose producer claims that the parents of children “allegedly shot” at Sandy Hook were actors, the sheriff wrote, “This makes me wonder who we can trust anymore.”

Draft saved Draft deleted