1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Say, where did YF go?

I guess he had to run.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's a reasonable impliance ...

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Has CNN issued an apology yet today?

7. YankeeFan

LOL. Looks like I got taken in.

It's such a dumb thing to make up though. It either happened or didn't, and is easy to prove or disprove.

Oh well.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yankeefan, it's never a good idea to use Old Tony's bookmarked sites.

9. Dick Whitman

It's actually not that easy to disprove, is it? Unless someone was able to sift through days worth of CNN footage?

10. YankeeFan

Someone would have gotten a screen shot of it if it existed. With DVRs, it's easy enough to rewind.

Plus, there are left and right wing media monitoring groups that are taping everything that CNN, MSNBC, FOX News and others run, looking for just this kind of thing.

Will some still believe it happened? Sure.

But, I'm happy to concede that, without clear evidence that it did happen, the story is false.

11. Dick Whitman

Well, it seems pretty clear that it originated at some site called 8chan, where posters were just screwing around with photo filters to make him look white.

12. YankeeFan

I saw a reference to it on twitter. I think it was someone re-tweeting something, but I can't remember who it was, or who they were re-tweeting, so I can't go back and determine whether I should have been more suspicious.

The sites running with it were clearly partisan sites, but some partisan sites have broken stuff like this before -- like the false Dan Rather/George Bush documents.

Draft saved Draft deleted