1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm just pissed that Republicans had finally found a bi-racial guy who identified as one of us, and he turned out to be a killer.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I might suggest not taking your news from wingnut sites.

But I suspect you knew that. Usually you provide a link when you post news here. This time you didn't. Seemed suspicious.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Buried gold ...

Prescott Bush won a Senate seat two years later, and his son George and daughter-in-law Barbara continued to support Planned Parenthood even after George’s election to Congress from Texas. In fact, he was such an advocate for family planning that some House colleagues gave him the nickname “Rubbers.”

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I protest the characterization of our conservative friends as wingnuts.

Wingnuts are easy to remove and change.

Riptide likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nice work, Geraldo.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does this seem unreasonable or un-Constitutional?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep, this is usually the revelation that usually ends YF's rants about Planned Parenthood being a racist organization.

8. YankeeFan

Unlike driving, the right to bear arms is a conditional right.

Substitute abortion or the right to free speech in place of guns and let us know if you think it's unreasonable or in-Constitutional.

9. YankeeFan

Hardly. What year was Prescott Bush born?

Do you think his views on race would be considered mainstream today?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What year was "Rubbers" born? Was he racist? Did he raise his kids as racists, too? What year is it now?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I never had a car inspection in 26 years in Florida, and beyond an eye test taken 30 years ago, no one has ever inspected my health to see if I am fit to drive. As for driver training, if you can pass the practical test without any training, no one will know the difference.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Substituting abortion or free speech wouldn't make any sense because neither involve ownership of an object. Of course, you knew that.

And, as has already been established, the right to keep and bear arms is conditional. So, unless you're arguing that any and all regulation of gun ownership is a violation of the Second Amendment, I'd be curious to hear your specific objections to the conditions in that graphic, particularly as they relate to Constitutionality.

Draft saved Draft deleted