1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What do you know? You cover sports.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

The existence of Baron logic and Devil math strongly supports the argument some still need to stay in the shallow end of the pool.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sure your doggie-paddle lessons take up a lot of time between your naps, but have you found those racist posts of mine yet?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I blew it, and I admitted I was wrong, so I deserve the shots.

But, you guys are funny. That two guys who have never admitted they were wrong -- including the guy who currently holds the title as the board's dumbest poster -- are the ones trying to make hay of it really cracks me up.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

7. YankeeFan

Riptide doesn't bring much to the table, but he hasn't suggested that shrimp is appropriate to serve to vegetarians.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I really hope it's me.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

Hey, maybe you are, but Devil comes out and earns it every day.

Step up your game and give some more opinions, instead of just following Dick around, and making snarky comments.

If you've got it in you, go for it.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

YF, this is only place in your life to prove how smart you are.

Lord knows chatting up the 7/11 clerks gets old.

12. YankeeFan

Well, 7/11 isn't a customer.

They did test a one-step superautomatic in a downtown location for a time, but didn't move forward with a wider espresso program.

Not sure why you would denigrate 7/11 clerks, or the folks who hold those positions at similar locations.

The guy I dealt with at the 7/11 location, the owner's son, had an MBA from Kellogg. Bright guy. I meet a lot of people like that.

I also meet a lot of immigrants, and first generation Americans, who are putting themselves through school. I actually have a lot of interesting conversations with them and often come away having learned something.

Lucky for me, I've never thought I was the smartest guy in the room. At best, I'm the 4th smartest among my my parent's six sons, and I'd have a hard time arguing that I wasn't 6th.

My wife, who was working as a "clerk" in one of my accounts is smarter than me too.

I don't come here to prove how smart I am. I come here to be around people who are smarter than me.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted