1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

But don'tcha know they'll just go down to the nearest drug house and get one if we make it tougher?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well then they'll get whatever they deserve if they buy it from the nearest drug house. Besides, God will hate them for doing so.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know what you meant because Hillary Clinton called it a "loophole" the other day, and you parroted her phrasing.

4. YankeeFan

Stop, Question, and Frisk will stop more gun violence than every other proposal combined.

It's already saved thousands of lives.

Who's for it?

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I could give a shit what Hillary Clinton has to say about much of anything. If you apply for a firearm, and the paperwork just automatically goes through if you don't hear back, I'd call that a loophole. And a flaw in the system. Either way.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nope. It's discriminatory. Too many officers have proven they have a bias toward minorities.

7. YankeeFan

Sure. But, you used her phrasing nonetheless.

Calling it a loophole was a manufactured term, by partisans, trying to create an issue that you fell for. Congratulations.

8. YankeeFan

OK, so it's not worth it for you to interfere with the rights of some in order to improve the safety of all, including the very people who would be subject to the measure.

Huh.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am well known for my talking points around these parts. I could give a shit what Clinton or anyone else said. I can form my own opinions. And I explained why I used the term. TWICE. And no, I'm not OK with exposing random people to being harassed by the police because of the way they look. And I'm not OK with random people being endangered by going to school/a movie/church/work. It's not a right that is above regulation Once again, "well-regulated."

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Why is it ok to violate the Fourth Anendment but not the Second?

Riptide and BDC99 like this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

So can finishing on a grille, but if that's outlawed I don't want to live here any more.

old_tony and BDC99 like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

If any idiot can own a gun, the idiots have us surrounded ...

BTExpress likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted