1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If you think McDonald's s is the best dining experience for those with young kids, how far out in the sticks do you live?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a better fast food chain to take kids than CFA. I went in not too long ago with two toddlers I was obviously struggling to handle. An employee essentially acted as our personal waitress while we were there, bringing everything we needed to the table, refilling drinks, checking on us a few times and taking a dessert order at the table.

I was floored and she absolutely refused to take any kind of tip. Our local one has a play area too. If mom is working late, there's a really good chance this dad is taking his kids there.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So it's the 1-percenter of fast foods?
    When do we fire up the "Occupy Chick-fil-A" movement?

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When I was in elementary school in the late 60s, early 70s we did not have a cafeteria. Thursdays started as hot dog days, with moms volunteering to cook and serve, but morphed into McDonalds and Taco Bell day on alternating weeks. For 25 cents, you could get a burger or taco, depending on the week.

Not sure how they pulled it off, there were probably 700 kids at the school.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah, it's just stupid they blanket the airwaves in the region with commercials while the viewing audience in one whole state can't even find a location to eat at even if they want to.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A lot of millennial snobbery evident.

There are times you want to eat on the run. These places provide it. Foodies need not apply. And nobody's saying it's haute cuisine.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure how regional advertising works, but it drives me crazy to see commercials for a chain I don't have access to. There are others, but the one that springs to mind is Zaxby's ... I see their ads pretty regularly, and as far as I know there isn't a Zaxby's within 200 miles of me. Not that Zaxby's is all that great, but still.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You see a lot of Whataburger ads on Big 12 games even though it isn't in most Big 12 states.

I'm guessing they've crunched the numbers on if it's worth it and it did prompt me to try it when I was in Texas.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lemming!

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nobody eats there, dammit!

Billions and billions of imaginary people served.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

First, we are talking about fast food places.

Second, ...

Why bother? Just let everyone know what your next handle will be. We can post to that one. Reed Richards, maybe?

jpetrie18 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sales are down for 7 straight quarters, they've replaced the CEO, and every week they announce another change to try to stop the bleeding.

But yeah, I'm sure you guys are right, this thread is just a bunch of millennial foodies and McHaters.

exmediahack, Huggy and YankeeFan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted