1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

We had an Aramark CFA at UVA that was barely worth going to.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jack in the Box Ultimate Cheeseburger. Meat. Cheese. Ketchup.

[​IMG]

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ron Swanson approves ...

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me the point of a chicken burger? Its the new thing at McDs here. They already had chicken sandwiches

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This.

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but could you provide some examples of the "foodie culture" advertising you are referring to? I can't imagine millenials are exposed to more of it than they are advertising by McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Applebees, Chilis, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc. Nor can I imagine that millenials are somehow more susceptible to advertising than the generations whose decades of loyal business built the aforementioned brands into the behemoths they are today. If anything, I would think that millenials are more resistant to traditional advertising than previous generations, which is why ad spending across the board is contracting and more industries besides newspapers are feeling the effects. I think foodie culture is more a result of social media, which helps bring exposure to independently owned restaurants that in previous generations they would struggle to get short of a review by the local newspaper food critic. Word of mouth is the single greatest driver of local business, and word of mouth buzz is much more prolific in the age of social media. If anything, millenials are probably more influenced by crowdsourcing than previous generations, not advertising.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It comes from waiting where I should in line and some dipshit walks through the door and almost runs to next available cashier even though 3-4 other people are waiting.

It comes from almost getting clipped by people in their cars trying to make sure they are 8th in the drive thru line and not 9th.

It comes from people just releasing their older kids in the microscopic play areas to beat on and fuck with younger kids.

It comes from getting your food and realizing there is no where for you and your kid to sit because some soccer team has claimed half the restaurant. No, I am not going to ask a three-year-old to go save a table while I am fighting for position in line.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Life is hard.

JackReacher and SpeedTchr like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All of this has impacted your opinion on McDonald's?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

National Lampoon. It was Mr. Rogers interviewing a stoned rock band bass player. I believe Bill Murray was the bass player.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yes, Bill Murray. I still remember that clip. Is there a link anywhere?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

There are several on YouTube, but I'm not in a place I can link to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted