1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same sandwich, but I noticed the same thing -- one of the chicken items has as many calories as the QP.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Congrats @YankeeFan. I guess this means the death of your cocktail thread (or maybe an increase in the number of posts).

Welcome to the club, lots of fun time ahead.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is the chicken burger with ground chicken? That would be different at least.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I think so. But the point is they are hyping it as if it's more healthy than a "burger." But it's really not. So stupid.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Probably have to add a lot of fat to make it taste good.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And I still doubt it tastes good.

7. Ed Puskas

Ed Puskas New Member

There are four CFA locations with 20 minutes of my house in a tony suburban community in northeastern Ohio. OK, I lied. I don't live in a tony suburban community. I just like saying it.

As far as I know, there are no tony suburban communities nearby. But given that I'm 15 minutes from Youngstown, there are more than a few Tony communities. :)

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You're also 15 minutes from Tahoe.

Ed Puskas likes this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I assumed that was implied. :)

Ed Puskas likes this.
  10. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Sorry I haven't read through this whole thread, if this has been addressed....

Why do people seem to think McDonald's is so much less healthy than Carl's Jr. Or Burger King. Or any of the other places that aren't dying.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't think McDonald's is any less healthy than other fast-food options. I do, however, think their food is less "food" than just about anywhere I've ever eaten. I haven't had a good bun on one of their fish sandwiches in forever. The fish is OK. I haven't felt like I was eating meat on any of their burgers since the 70s. And we already know their Chicken McNuggets are formed from a paste.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Ronald McDonald announced earnings this morning. Total revenue was off 5 percent from a year ago, but per-share earnings were up dramatically ($1.30 vs. $1.09 a year ago). All-day breakfast impacts none of this since that move came after this particular fiscal quarter of reporting.

Draft saved Draft deleted