1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You really Hammond that home.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Funny how the NQT crowd somehow thinks they're immune from the "F- you, I've got mine, mindset" they claim me and conservatives on the board display.

Wonder how they're helping the poor today, or does watching football trump their supposed values?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Perhaps not, but it is disingenuous at best for Carson to say he had no relationship with the company.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Bullshit" is not spelled "disingenuous."

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In matters regarding politics, one commonly acknowledged spelling is S-T-A-R-M-A-N

old_tony and cjericho like this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't really see anything redeeming about Ben Carson as possible president. He might have been a pretty good surgeon, I guess.

As a candidate, I think Trump has him pegged pretty well.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who does? That wasn't the point of my post. The replies to Kristof's tweet go well beyond agreeing that he wouldn't make a good President.

C'mon. I think it's clear he was better than "pretty good".

What's he said about him, other than to apply the same criticism he's applied to Bush to him, with a caveat? Bush is low energy. Carson is super low energy!

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

One reason, I hypothesize, that conservatives love Ben Carson is because he's emblematic of their tenet that the way out of poverty for blacks is sheer gumption. They'd have loved Barack Obama's story, as well, had it come attached to their principles.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

1. Who does? Apparently loads of Republicans

2. I'll give him that.

3. I think Super Low Engergy is accurate and should disqualify one for being president. Who wants someone to deal with Putin as soon as they wake up from their nap?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Must. Not. Swing. At. Fastball. :p

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If you're thinking vice versa, I'm sure that's the case. But not for the same reason. Liberals don't think blacks should all start trying harder, suddenly, starting at age 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.