1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't think Carson said in his books that he had applied or been accepted. I believe he said he had been offered a scholarship.

Can those football recruits not say that today? Do you think they don't tell people they were offered a scholarship by those schools they did not sign with (and they had neither applied to nor been accepted to)?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hillary has appeal? Who knew?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

People think Radiohead makes good music.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How about we put it this way? Carson fell into the sin of believing his press releases. Which puts him in there with damn near every other aspiring best-selling author out there.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's embellishment. He knew that he hadn't applied or been accepted to West Point. But we are all stars of our own story, especially through the lens of 25 or so years. He took a meeting and put the best possible spin on it to fit his narrative.

I won't ever come close to voting for him, but this doesn't crack the top 25 reasons why.

6. Mr. Sunshine

If Carson was white, this wouldn't even be a story.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If Carson was white, no one would give a crap what he had to say about politics.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Can you imagine a white non-politician getting any kind of traction in the presidential nomination process?

Ace likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This thread is worse than slavery. And the Holocaust.

10. Mr. Sunshine

It's the opposite of Katie Holmes in "The Gift"?

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

A white neurosurgeon with a similar life story as Carson criticizing Obama at the National Prayer Breakfast would never have this type of traction. I can imagine a black billionaire without political experience would have traction similar to Trump if that person ran for president.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Listen, dude, this is a good song.

I'm not embellishing either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.