1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep. The rest are fabricated.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

She's a politician. Americans expect the lies!

3. Mr. Sunshine

Voters won't buy someone's bullshit, unless that someone has made a career out of it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she's not just a liar, in the way all politicians are.

She's every bit as pathological as Carson. She embellishes her back story to make herself a victim, who has overcome hardship, just like Carson. She's the hero of a story that is not true.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I know.

Anyone who doesn't see that doesn't want to see that.

6. YankeeFan

Yeah, like 47% of America, including about 99% of the Dems on SJ.com.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Hillary and would really have to hold my nose to vote for her, but she's not claiming to be above the other candidates regarding honesty. Carson trying to claim the moral high ground is coming back to bite him. His whole pitch to GOP voters is centered around not being a BS-ing politician.

I also don't know why Carson is blaming the "liberal" media. You'd think liberals would want Carson to win the nomination. He'd get crushed by Clinton in a general election.

8. Mr. Sunshine

I have to admit that being a Democrat is a pretty easy life. You don't have to even pretend you give a shit about right or wrong when it comes to the actions of the people you support.

"Sure, Hillary is a liar, but she never pretended not to be. I admire her honesty!"

9. Mr. Sunshine

Also, the idea that ANY presidential candidate is not trying to position themselves above the opposition is fucking laughable. It's the ONE thing they ALL have in common.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

I agree with the last point (to a degree, the liberal media wants to tale out the Republicans one-by-one, and will go after whoever the frontrunner is).

What's funny is that Bill Kristol thinks they're going after Carson because he would beat Hillary, as opposed to Donald:

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

True, but Slate and Mother Jones both had an orgasm when the story hit yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.