1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The turds are winning

Between the Tea Party & Christmas Warriors and BLM liberals, the rest of us are fucked

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to slap the shit out of their parents.

3. heyabbott

Another example of white privilege assuming these young people had parents.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As opposed to conservatives, whose lone idea is to stick their fingers in their ears and sing, "La-la-la-la."

5. Baron Scicluna

Imagine what happens if it's the unpaid "student-athletes" who decide to wield their power over certain inequities in the college athletics landscape.

6. Baron Scicluna

No, there wouldn't. There's plenty of money. It's how it is being spent that is the issue.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How social justice warriors practice tolerance ...

8. heyabbott

And my fucking latte was fucking tepid what the fuck are you doing about that

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mizzou celebrates its farmboys and suburban darlings, and generally tries to not have a politically active campus life at all. It is probably 20-30 years behind as far as updating its academic facilities. And this was back in the mid-1980s, but I remember there being a poor black part of town just north of the main road toward the stadium. As far as this movement having staying power...I doubt it.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I know we are pissing at each other right now, but did Wolfe have any educational experience before being hired to this position?

He was finished the second he had those students arrested at the parade. He could have stepped out of his car and spoke with them for 15 minutes right then and there.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No.

Hmmmmm ... so he was finished the second something that didn't happen happened.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wolfe's response:

expendable likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted