1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether to be bothered more by the millennial tantrum or the vertical video.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My daughter was in New Haven visiting on Friday and showed me that video. She rolled her eyes. Interestingly enough, the memo writer was the (new) master at her former residential college, Silliman, where most of the nonsense is taking place. My daughter was a student adviser there. I'm glad to say I believe the free speech advocates have countered the PC clowns pretty strongly in recent days.

YOUNG: Free speech, not disruption

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This promotion has since been killed.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If this doesn't bring back MizzouGrad, nothing will.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Mixed feelings. While most of these protest-happy students are whiny, entitles little shits with no concept of or concern for reality, if they're making things confusing and uncomfortable for the leftist profs and administrators who never grew out of that mentality, then that's not so bad. #eatingtheirown

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I tell you one thing, that guy Christakis, he's showed a lot of class.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Back to the Missouri thing for a moment ... Sometimes my fellow members of the academy just can't help themselves. A poster on the Chronicle of Higher Education fora is arguing that the shit swastika should be DNA tested and the "campus community" be cheek-swabbed (on a voluntary basis).

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. cranberry

Yale professors and administrators are leftists?

9. Mr. Sunshine

This round goes to the other racists, but the fight continues.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You could make the DNA test a requirement for graduation -- like having to pay all your parking tickets to get your degree.

11. Mr. Sunshine

I'm sure some of them are. Would you like to argue that a certain ideology does not permeate campuses across the nation?

12. cranberry

And probably just as many are not. I'd definitely argue that Yale's administrators and faculty and students come from an extremely broad range of cultural, political, ideological and sociological backgrounds. If there is an over-representation, my guess is it would probably be among the (generally waspy) legacy students, who for the most part don't seem inclined toward leftist politics.

Draft saved Draft deleted